Automotive Instrumentation Technician - Afternoon shift
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for an Automotive Instrumentation Technician that wants to work with cutting edge technology. This is a specialized field that offers a lot of hands-on work. As an Instrumentation Technician, you will install sensors, cameras, and electrical systems to vehicles. As an Instrumentation Technician, you will work with engineers to assist and finalize the instrumentation process. The position is at our customer site in Allen Park, MI, and is an afternoon/PM shift.
As an Automotive Instrumentation Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in build and installation of switch panels, sensors, cameras, monitors, automotive wiring harnesses and electrical systems
- Collaborating with engineers and other technicians with different disciplines to achieve optimal product integration
- Building, troubleshooting, and repairing wiring harnesses and construct, modify and adjust mechanical structures for test benches
- Operating and maintain a variety of hand and power tools
- Working with electronic functional and measurement tools, such as; power supply, function generator and multimeter
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered as an Automotive Instrumentation Technician, you will need:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work the afternoon shift
- Minimum 2 years of automotive mechanic / technician experience or equivalent military experience
- Your own tools with rolling toolbox
- Well-rounded mechanical experience
- Good organizational skills and be able to pay close attention to detail
- To possess the skills to read, comprehend, and execute written procedures
- To be an automotive mechanic / technician that is a self-starter, self-motivated and willing to learn
- To have reliable attendance and be willing to work overtime/weekends
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- Experience performing soldering, crimping, tube bending, component layout and packaging on vehicles or subsystems
- Knowledge of proper installation of thermocouples and pressure transducers
- State/ASE certifications
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.