Program Manager - Flexible Assembly
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate need for a Program Manager to join our team. As a Program Manager, you will lead a multi-disciplined team from program launch to closure. The role will be accountable for all areas of the project and ensure cost, quality, and delivery success. This position is based out of Livonia, MI.
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Ensure programs launch on time and meet specifications
- Meet profitability and capital financial targets throughout the program life cycle
- Monitor timing, quality, technical and financial risks and issues for assigned programs
- Mitigate risks through risk analysis and quantification, resolving issues where possible
- Elevate and focus management attention when there is not timely resolution of issues and risk
- Lead the program change control process
- Ensure timely and accurate gate reviews and routine reports are conducted on assigned programs, using these tools to expose risks and elevate issues
- Determine post launch profitability as early as possible in development, and report gaps to business case profitability
- Act as a customer advocate when conferring with other departments and provide direction on program requirements and priorities within the Roush organization
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching and technical support to team members
- Remain flexible to changing responsibilities and workload adjustments
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- 3+ years of project or program management in a product development or vehicle manufacturing environment.
- Experience launching complete vehicle production or up-fit programs with adherence to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) processes
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance
- Advanced knowledge of Program Management processes
- Advanced knowledge of Program Management tools (i.e. Risk Management; Schedules)
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to solve complex problems and be self-motivated
- Must possess strong customer focus while also focused on cost, quality and delivery
- Expert MS Office skills (specifically Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
A successful candidate may also have:
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Possess both Business and Engineering degrees
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.