At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Instrumentation Technician is a specialized field that offers a lot of hands on work. As an Instrumentation Technician, you will install sensors, cameras, and electrical systems to vehicles. You will also utilize your knowledge and understanding of power tools and supplies to build, modify and adjust installed devices. As a Technician, you will work with engineers to assist and finalize the instrumentation process. This position is based in Allen Park, MI.
As an Instrumentation Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in build and installation of switch panels, sensors, cameras, monitors, automotive wiring harnesses and electrical systems
- Collaborate with engineers and other technicians with different disciplines to achieve optimal product integration
- Build, troubleshoot, and repair wiring harness
- Construct, modify and adjust mechanical structures for test benches
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools
- Work with electronic functional and measurement tools, such as; power supply, function generator and multimeter
To be considered as an Instrumentation Technician, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have own tools with rolling tool box.
- Minimum 1-year automotive technician experience.
- Able to follow any procedures or work instructions provided for assigned projects, such as work requests, shop procedures and/or shop manuals, publications or schematic diagrams.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter & self-motivated.
- Possess the skills to work in a team atmosphere & learn new tasks.
- Have the skills & desire to complete all tasks assigned.
- Have excellent communication & time management skills.
- Have reliable attendance & be able to work overtime/weekends.
- Must have good attention to detail.
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- Experience performing soldering, crimping, tube bending, component layout and packaging on vehicles or subsystems preferred.
- Knowledge of proper installation of thermocouples and pressure transducers preferred.
- Knowledge of Ford products a plus.
- ASE /State certifications a plus.
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.