Electrical Engineer II
Roush has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer ll to join our Advance Engineering team.
$5,000 Sign-on bonus
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
The Roush Advanced Engineering department is seeking an Electrical Engineer ll to work alongside Roush Electronics and Controls Engineers to develop electrical systems for internal Roush projects and external customers. As an Electrical Engineer II, you will perform electrical architecture design, perform electronics hardware selection, wiring harness design and build support, and troubleshooting and testing of electrical systems on the customer end product. In this role you will also perform independent project tasks and collaborate with customers and team members. This role is located in Livonia, MI.
As Electrical Engineer ll you will:
- Develop wiring architecture, wire harness routing, cable assemblies, power distribution, and electrical system needs and requirements
- Develop detailed electrical system schematics, electrical harness, and cable assembly prints, perform circuit analysis, and make system modifications to meet project specifications
- Integrate wire harnesses, connectors, sensors, switches, cable assemblies, and electrical components into overall system architecture including high and low voltage systems
- Perform design of electrical control boxes and wiring junction boxes for automotive and industrial applications
- Develop and execute electrical system or component functional and validation test requirements
- Identify and mitigate major electrical system or component failure modes and effects
- Support overall electrical systems development and build support including troubleshooting
- Participate in or lead team meetings
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology, mechatronics engineering, or mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical systems or wire harness development
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics, and a good understanding of electrical and electronics basics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write concise technical reports
- Able to work independently and handle several assignments simultaneously
- Good time management skills to ensure projects are completed by deadline
- Ability to absorb new technical assignments independently
A successful candidate may also have:
- Experience with the development and maintenance of electrical test plans, design verification plan & reports (DVP&Rs), design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) documents
- Experience with electrical standards such as National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), National Electric Code (NEC), UL 508A, etc.
- Experience with the following software packages: AutoCAD 2D, SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS Electrical, MS Visio
- Experience with vehicle electrification including high voltage wiring and distribution, batteries, motors, inverters, etc.
- Automotive vehicle knowledge, including hands on mechanical or electrical work
- Ability to operate an oscilloscope and other electronics test equipment
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.