Facilities Security Officer (FSO)
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
Roush Defense is searching for a Facilities Security Officer (FSO) to join its growing team! As the FSO, you will coordinate and monitor highly sensitive aspects of Department of Defense (DoD) or other industrial security programs and other security activities while ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. The FSO will manage clearance processing, visit certifications, document control, and physical security, including understanding of security databases such as Defense Information System for Security (DISS), Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and National Industrial Security System (NISS). The FSO will be responsible for implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as security education, insider threat, classified document control, security investigations, classification control and personnel clearances. This position is based in Troy, MI.
As the Facilities Security Officer, you will:
- Implement the industrial security program and ensure company and customer security requirements are met. Implement the Insider Threat Program as the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO)
- Interface with all levels of personnel, senior management, and government representatives to ensure contract security compliance with 32 CFR Part 117, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and program security classification guides. Produce finished documentation (reports, policy/procedure development, security designs, training, and assessments).
- Maintain security program compliance relative to DD254s, changed condition packages, FCL sponsorship packages, and responding to Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), customer agency, and internal customer inquiries.
- Analyze security issues/problems and provide focused solutions with the ability to effectively communicate information to various audiences. Conduct security self-inspections, program security reviews, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- Make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information. Provide clear guidance to company employees and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Manage Communications Security (COMSEC) related duties and responsibilities under National Security Agency (NSA) Central Security Service (CSS) 3-16 and Army Regulation (AR) 380-40. Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant security experience
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Active and in-scope Secret US security clearance and eligible for Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans, Insider Threat, Security Awareness, Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) etc.
- Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings and experience conducting security incident inquiries and writing investigation reports for use internally within the company as well as for distribution to outside entities
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Certification and other related security training
- Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance, DCSA guidance and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs).
- Strong working knowledge of Defense Information System for Security (DISS), Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and National Industrial Security System (NISS) Security Information Management System (SIMS), Army Centralized Contracts and Security Portal (ACCS), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)/ Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and e-QIP.
- Strong understanding of physical security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas and SCIFs along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF702 and other required forms.
- Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program.
A successful candidate may also have:
- COMSEC Custodian certificate or experience. Complete NSA COMSEC Training Course Number IAEC-2112 six months after being appointed as Alternate COMSEC Account Manager
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification or Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Experience in establishing SCIFs/TSCIFs
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at (734) 779-7087.