JR CAE Analyst - NVH & Durability
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
Roush’s Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) department is seeking a NVH & Durability Analyst to join our team! As a NVH & Durability Analyst, you will perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to solve Noise, Vibration & Harshness (NVH) and durability problems to aid engineering in the upfront design of vehicle, aerospace, and amusement park ride structures. The NVH & Durability Analyst will build FEA models and conduct CAE analysis supported by sound engineering explanation and hand calculations.
As a NVH & Durability Analyst, you will:
- Build FEA models for various applications in automotive, aerospace, and industrial segments using commercial software (MSC-NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS Mechanical).
- Conduct CAE analysis under the guidance of a lead engineer or supervisor using CAE tools.
- Support analysis with sound engineering explanation and hand calculations.
- Review results with the lead engineer or supervisor and share with customer.
- Recommend alternative analysis approaches and design solutions to meet the functional targets.
- Interface with customer to complete tasks with a high level of quality while meeting timelines.
- Connect simulation with practical aspects of Cost/Weight/Investment (CWI), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Maintain pertinent information in assigned location and perform data cleanup.
- Interact confidently with stakeholders at all levels.
- Learn different computer-aided engineering software packages quickly.
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with course work in structural dynamics and mechanics, FEA, fatigue theory, noise and vibration.
- Fundamental knowledge in strength of materials and failure theory for metals and composites and vibration concepts.
- Aptitude in modeling and simulation with ability to solve engineering problems.
- Good understanding of kinematics, static and dynamics.
- Knowledge of finite element pre-processors, solvers and post-processors (Altair Hyperworks, ANSA &META, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, OPTISTRUCT, ANSYS, nCODE and FEMFAT).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
A successful candidate may also have:
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering specializing in structural dynamics and mechanics, FEA, fatigue theory, noise and vibration.
- 1 year of CAE experience.
- Experience in modal, point mobility, and acoustic analysis.
- Experience in strength, stiffness and stress (including thermal) in linear and nonlinear (material and contact) domains.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.