Chassis Engineer ll
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
Due to our steady growth, we have an immediate opening for a Chassis Engineer to join our team. The Chassis Engineer is a design and release engineer for automotive and transportation industry chassis systems and hardware and works on projects for large and small customers. The Chassis Engineer packages, specifies, and designs various types of chassis systems and hardware including steering, suspension, wheel, tire, brakes, frames, and other mechanical components.
As a Chassis Engineer, you will:
- Design and release assigned chassis systems working within an integrated project team led by an engineering lead or program manager.
- Participate in structural, dynamic, and kinematic analysis in support of project specific requirements.
- Responsible for planning, estimating, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical aspects of chassis engineering projects.
- Prepare engineering test scopes, planning, execution, and report writing (e.g. acceptance testing, performance testing, etc.)
- Present progress, challenges, and next steps to internal and external customers.
- Provide timely creation and review of engineering design, change, and release documents.
- Accountable to maintain the technical aspects of engineering projects within allocated budget and schedule limits.
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering (Alternative engineering degrees with relevant experience may be considered).
- 2 years of experience in automotive chassis engineering.
- Knowledge of chassis systems such as steering, suspension, wheel, tire, brakes, frames, or subframes.
- Functional proficiency with CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software SolidWorks or Siemens NX UG (Unigraphics).
- Proficient in general computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical data to various audiences.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Ability to provide robust solutions to complex problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
A successful candidate may also have:
- Automotive industry internships, SAE International competition experience such as Formula SAE or Baja SAE, or enterprise programs experience.
- 3 years of experience in automotive chassis engineering.
- Knowledge of DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), DVPs (Design Verification Plan), DFM (Design for Manufacturing), FEA (Finite Element Analysis), OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) release systems and procedures, vehicle dynamic evaluations, 2D drawing development and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) application and bolted and welded joint applications.
- Proficiency with software suites CATIA, PROe (Pro/Engineer), or MATLAB.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.