Supplier Quality Engineer ll
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
The Advanced Quality Engineer ll is responsible for utilizing the essential experience and skills for supporting supplier quality development efforts and to ensure that the supply base is capable of meeting program and purchase order specification requirements. Candidate must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully perform supplier assessments and conduct process audits at suppliers.
- Ensure change management follow-up with suppliers as an Advanced Quality Engineer.
- Lead onsite supplier technical audits deemed necessary for potential and existing suppliers.
- Conduct and support component feasibility activities with supplier until approval of selected supplier.
- Conduct and support manufacturing capability assessments at suppliers’ manufacturing sites.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for all supplier-level requirements
- Participating and implementing continuous improvement activities with suppliers
- Assist and track supplier APQP activities to ensure deliverables are on time and in accordance with Roush requirements.
- Participate in drawing reviews, PFMEA, PCP and Process Flow activity with suppliers and provide support.
- Complete supplier submission package reviews (PPAP, FAI, BU Specific)
- Provide regular status updates of the APQP activities and provide data to support sourcing recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant military experience in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business with technical background.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- 3 – 5 years of Advanced Quality Engineering experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or quality in automotive industry.
- Experience in APQP tools (Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP).
- Experience using statistical analysis (MSA, SPC).
- Proficient in practical problem-solving methodology (Six Sigma, Fast X, 5 Why Analysis).
- Proficient in Engineering drawing interpretation skills & GD&T requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Experienced in basic metrology & precision measurement skills and applications
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness to provide a win-win resolution
- Willing and able to travel up to 50%
- Experience in Manufacturing or Quality in the automotive industry
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in the English language is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems and standards (ISO9001, IATF 16949, etc.)
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.