Emissions Certification Engineer
We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
The Emissions Certification Engineer will be responsible for researching internal combustion engine and electric powered vehicle, and heavy-duty engine emissions. They will also be responsible for regulation processing of mandated data and the creation and submission of heavy-duty engine emission and vehicle compliance applications to the regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and submit emissions certification in the agency’s electronic filing systems
- Provide the Roush powertrain development teams with regulatory targets, emissions and OBDII testing guidance and other related support through thorough research of vehicle and heavy-duty engine regulations
- Determine which Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations are applicable to our customer’s vehicles and heavy-duty engines
- Stay current with changes in the regulatory climate and proposed future rule making trends
- Evaluate emissions test data against the relevant EPA and CARB regulations
- Prepare concise technical reports and review with our customers and the regulators
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in preparing and/or submitting EPA and CARB emissions certification applications
- Robust knowledge of EPA and CARB regulations and electronic application databases
- Sound knowledge of typical emissions related engineering specification terminology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field
- Preparation of OBDII applications
- Proven ability to navigate the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the California Code of Regulations (CCR)
- Executing engine dynamometer or vehicle chassis dynamometer emissions testing
- Experience with emission controls and On Board Diagnostic 2 (OBD2) systems and regulations
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Click here for a complete list of job openings: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.