Automotive Mechanic / Technician
At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for an Automotive Mechanic/Technician that wants to work with cutting edge technology. ROUSH Prototype does work on experimental vehicle builds built with brand new parts. We have a large multi-hoist garage in a clean, indoor shop environment. This position is in Livonia, MI.
As an Automotive Mechanic/Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complying with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs
- Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Containing costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
To be considered as an Automotive Mechanic/Technician, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year as a Mechanic
- Experience in a high school auto shop program or enrolled in a skill training program
- Experience working on vehicles
- Well-rounded mechanical experience
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn
- Must have own tools with rolling toolbox
- Must be able to read, comprehend and execute written procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends
- Must have good attendance record
- State/ASE certifications
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with light body modifications
- Experience with light assembly
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at (734) 779-7087.