Advanced Purchasing Manager - Part Time
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush is searching for an Advanced Purchasing Manager to join our team! This position is located in Livonia, MI.
- Work with the entire Supply Chain Management (SCM) organization, engineering and program management teams to ensure all new program bill of materials are launched on time, on budget with zero quality issues
- Support recurring reviews with program teams and executive teams and report back to the rest of the organization actions that need to be taken
- Ensure up to date launch information is available on approved format for management to review in real time (Excel based current state). Ensure launch database for all programs is maintained on the internal website (future state).
- Support new business quote generation and advanced purchasing activities through:
- Ensuring best BOM cost for new program launches
- Ensuring SCM team issues RFQ’s to suppliers in accordance with the established commodity strategies
- SCM meeting key program milestones for material components
- Review and approve all new pursuit quotes for new programs
- Looks across the enterprise for synergies and cost saving opportunities
- Assist in the leveraging of prototype purchases from production suppliers
- Ensure common approach within SCM for pursuits and launches globally
- Work with product engineering to develop and implement long and short-range plans and objectives to ensure cost-competitive and efficient new product designs through early supplier involvement
- Foster an environment of teamwork within SCM as well as engineering and manufacturing
- Perform job functions in accordance with applicable quality, environmental, and safety policies and procedures as an Advanced Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, manufacturing or related and technical competence
- Minimum 3 years in a supply chain management organization with focus in purchasing and program management in the automotive industry
- Minimum of 3 years of plant manufacturing and quality experience
- Knowledge of TS16949 requirements including AIAG APQP, PFMEA, MSA, and PPAP required
- Advanced Purchasing Manager must be a self-starter with a proactive, ownership mindset
- Attention to detail; high comfort with analytics
- Basic knowledge of and experience in the following:
- Leading effective source selections
- Understanding and analyzing cost breakdowns and negotiations
- Implementing the tenets of APQP
- Possess a proven ability to influence others to deliver results and drive change throughout the organization
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
- Advanced Purchasing Manager must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with quality or manufacturing operations systems, cost modeling, APQP and cross function/region communication is strongly desired
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.