Senior Engineering Manager
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense, and theme park industries. With over 2,500 employees, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
The Senior Engineering Manager will provide technical leadership across all functional engineering teams within the defense and commercial industry. The position will speak to all aspects of technical program delivery from requirements formation to product delivery. The position will interface with all parts of the organization, in addition to customers, vendors, etc. This position is located in Troy, MI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction and oversite for defense engineering teams including mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Lead engineering program management efforts for all responsible programs including technical delivery, schedule, risk mitigation and budgets.
- Manage engineering-related activities, including technical design, analysis, capacity planning, utilization, resource assignment, and engineering metrics.
- Manage and develop performance expectations of engineering team members and leaders through the performance feedback and create an environment supportive of positive employee engagement.
- Lead engineering teams in design reviews and presentations of technical status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide and ensure disciplined government-based systems engineering principles are established and adhered to.
- Ensure proper engineering methodologies for design and analysis are adhered to and verify all outputs are accurate and in proper presentation format.
- Support all department needs on program quotations and project reviews to assure that targets and project budget costs are met.
- Participate in identifying engineering focus areas for improvement/streamlining, development and execution of engineering initiatives, and elimination of non-value-added activities in all levels of the engineering organization.
- Ensure engineering requirements are established and engineering team activities are focused on meeting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading engineers performing electrical, mechanical and software engineering in both the automotive and defense industry.
- Experience in CAD/CAM/CAE and PLM supported process improvement and re-engineering in engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in Systems Engineering practices and execution for government and defense industry and working with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain Department of Defense security clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to understand staffing demand and supply data metrics; strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively meet program staffing requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Master’s degree in engineering or business administration.
- Experience working with commercial original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.