We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush is seeking a Quality Engineer who will be responsible for developing, controlling, and assuring quality processes and product requirements are executed for a given customer program, including applicable site-specific requirements. The Quality Engineer develops, controls, and applies inspection procedures and controls that allow for the determination and evaluation of risk. The Quality Engineer will employ tools and techniques to resolve deficient quality processes and resulting output. This position is in Livonia, MI.
As a Quality Engineer, you will:
- The Quality Engineer is responsible for conducting, documenting and reporting inspections, testing and audit findings
- Support and participate in conducting problem solving and continual improvement activities associated with processes and/or products/services
- Support and assist in developing, documenting and implementing Quality processes, methods, and tools to improve business performance through waste elimination and variation reduction, consistent with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Develop comprehensive Quality Plans to assure program quality objectives and customer requirements are satisfied. Train affected personnel on quality plan elements.
- Participate in the APQP process with the objective of developing and maintaining program specific Control Plans and related documentation (forms, audit sheets, test reports, etc.)
- Assist in the assessment and selection process of suppliers, including resolving supplier quality issues when necessary
- Support as necessary incoming, in-process, and EOL inspection/ testing, including equipment calibration
- Track and resolve quality issues with customers and suppliers, including managing MRB/RTV process and product disposition
- Approve/ submit first article/ PPAP in support of program requirements for suppliers and customers
- Perform problem solving/ continual improvement activities where process or product quality is deficient
To be considered as a Quality Engineer, you will need:
- Associate’s degree in a relevant manufacturing or technical field with three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations compliance
- Experience in APQP process (Flow Diagrams, P/DFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, statistical methods, Work Instructions), preparation of PPAP documentation including submission to customer
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, related specifications and requirements and communicate them to the cross-function team
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques
- Ability to plan, control and assure quality processes and product in accordance with quality plan and customer requirement
- Understanding of the audit process including planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up
- Working knowledge of a quality management system (i.e., ISO 9001), its implementation and associated documentation requirements
- Ability to interact professionally on a technical level (both written and verbal) with all company functional groups, suppliers, and customers.
- Demonstration of strong PC skills.
- ASQ Quality Certification
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.