Electrical Engineer Supervisor
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
The Electrical Engineering Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the activities of a team of design engineers who design and engineer electrical systems and integration. This role will be located in Allen Park, MI.
As a Electrical Engineer Supervisor, you will:
- Manage an electrical engineering team and interface with the customer regarding program status, reports and issues.
- Develop and implement processes that deliver quality and timely product.
- Direct the completion of new programs that achieve budget and schedule requirements.
- Develop wire harness architecture, routing, physical schematics and power distribution for electrical system requirements.
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and technical support to team members.
- Assign and define circuit options, harness in-lines and connector numbers to the system logical schematics.
- Define and select fuse, wire, and terminal sizing based on application requirements.
- Lead electrical system compatibility reviews and sign-off wire harness prints.
- Integrate wire harnesses, connectors, sensors, switches, and electrical components into overall vehicle architecture.
- Manage logical design data and perform design rule checks.
- Identify and mitigate major electrical system failure modes and effects.
- Act as a liaison with the program team, CAE analysis group, suppliers, and assembly plant for all design responsible parts.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in vehicle electrical systems, electrical controls, and wire packaging.
- Experience mentoring and leading others.
- Experience conducting presentations and management reviews.
- Knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN) bus protocol.
- Knowledge of wire harness design tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others to deliver quality products.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A Successful Candidate May Also Have:
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics and Zuken.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with development and maintenance of Design Verification Plan & Reports/ Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (DVP&Rs / FMEAs).
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.