Heavy Wrecker / Lowboy CDL Driver - Portland, OR
Roush has an immediate need for a full-time Heavy Wrecker/Lowboy CDL Driver who will transport concept and prototype vehicles as well as recover disabled vehicles. The role will assist in testing equipment and components. The Heavy Wrecker/Lowboy CDL Driver will comply with all applicable rules and regulations and follow specialized instructions as needed.
$1,000 Sign-on bonus
At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
As a Heavy Wrecker/Lowboy CDL Driver, you will be responsible for:
- Transport of non-running concept and prototype vehicles
- Recovery of disabled commercial vehicles
- Safely and efficiently operating heavy wrecker in its full capacity
- Assist engineering in testing concept and prototype components
- Loading and unloading of lowboy trailers with oversized or heavy loads and specialty vehicles
- Observing all posted traffic signs and drive safely with flow of traffic. Comply with all applicable local traffic laws
- Following any procedures or work instructions provided for assigned projects
- Complying with all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
To be considered as a Heavy Wrecker/Lowboy CDL Driver, you will need:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Class A commercial driver's license and have an excellent driving record
- 3+ years of recent, verifiable Class A driving (CDL A) experience of commercial wrecker and low boy driving
- Minimum 3 years of heavy load and oversized load hauling experience
- Minimum of 3 years of mountain and winter driving experience
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination and criminal background check
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle weight displacement, limitations, and capabilities, when operating a heavy haul wrecker
- Knowledge of applicable laws related to the operation of the vehicle to ensure all necessary licensing and permitting is in compliance
- Good sense of direction with the ability to read maps and follow and take driving direction
- Ability to safely operate vehicle in a variety of environmental and weather conditions for extended periods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible scheduling, including weekday and weekends
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.