Senior Mechanical Engineer
We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
At Roush Entertainment Systems we create unforgettable attraction experiences and high-powered excitement at the World's most popular theme parks.
Are you a Senior Mechanical Engineer looking for a unique opportunity to utilize your creative and innovative engineering skills? Are you interested in working on ground-up projects in a clean sheet creative environment? We have an immediate opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team that engineers, manufactures and assembles ride systems, show action equipment, and animated figures for the high-end theme park industry. You will have the opportunity to work with our elite customer base to make the impossible, possible. You will do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a broad role that requires working on a variety of engineering programs in the Themed Entertainment Industry supporting Ride and Show systems. The role works on projects for large and small customers to meet the customers timelines. The Senior Mechanical Engineer works in a team environment to understand each customer’s unique needs and mentors and oversees team member’s technical deliverables to ensure Roush and customer standards are met.
We are a rapidly growing department supporting the domestic and global expansion of the theme park industry. A self-starter who loves to be hands-on will make the most of this opportunity, located at our newest facility in Orlando, FL.
- Lead project engineering and design team to create and release 3D CAD models and detail drawings to meet internal and customer requirements and specifications, while providing clear and complete direction regarding design concepts, parameters, and trade-offs.
- Inform and update the engineering and design team regarding relevant program information including key dates, requirements, customer reviews and deliverables.
- Document and report engineering and design program status (financials, health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to the Program Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Lead the development of engineering reports for design reviews, problem and issue resolution, etc.
- Support Program Manager for program review meetings with internal and external customers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the engineering bill of material (BOM) throughout the duration of the program.
- Support department Quality System and follow any procedures or work instructions provided for assigned projects.
- Understand the Scope of Work and Specifications so changes in scope are immediately identified and communicated to the Program Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Ensure adherence to the Engineering budget and meeting customer defined program milestone dates.
- Manage Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team or resources to analytically validate designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering work experience.
- Functional proficiency to 3D model and draft in SolidWorks.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical data to various audiences and work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Working Knowledge of DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
- Working Knowledge of Simulation and Finite Element Analysis in SolidWorks or other computer applications.
- Some travel to client sites will be required
- Themed Entertainment industry engineering work experience.
- Manufacturing experience including machining, metal forming, code welding and composites.
- Experience in interpretation and application of ASTM-F24 standards.
- Experience overseeing technical deliverables to ensure customer requirements and quality standards are met.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and root cause problem solving experience.
- Experience in the hands-on execution in the complete product development cycle, from concept design through production release and acceptance testing.
- Capable of planning, estimating, scheduling, and coordinating technical aspects of projects.
- Working Knowledge, understanding and application of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing).
- Knowledge in the development and execution of Design Validation Plans (DVPs) to demonstrate functionality and mitigate risk of premature failure.
- Ability to mentor others on best practices of design and engineering principles.
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.