At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense, and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
The Department Manager will oversee the day-to-day operation and productivity of the department and the analysis and review of budgets and schedules of the operation. They will manage program and project managers, supervisors, and leaders by effectively executing department programs, strategic goals and initiatives, and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. The Department Manager will evaluate and enhance current operational systems and monitor performance against operational goals and develop reporting and auditing processes used to analyze operational effectiveness. This position is located in Livonia, MI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a departmental budget and forecast budgetary requirements
- Set strategic long and short-term departmental goals and evaluate outcomes
- Manage team members including setting goals, providing guidance, and training
- Ensure high levels of productivity and quality systems are maintained
- Recruit, interview, and orient new staff members
- Ensure adherence to company and industry regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the automotive or manufacturing industry or similar, including 3 years of experience in a leadership role over a segment of the business
- Program management experience
- Ability to drive results
- Able to manage, mentor, and train team members
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in MS Office
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft
- Knowledge in project cost tracking to budget
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Familiarity with 5S, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to drive results
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Click here for a complete list of job openings: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.