At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
The Facilities Health & Safety Compliance Coordinator is a unique position that combines the functions of compliance to regulations with implementation of policies and procedures for functions not currently addressed by agencies. Because of this, the ideal candidate would have a manufacturing background, an open mind when it comes to policy and training program development, know where to look for applicable agency guidance and will be able to communicate this to a diverse audience. This person will be traveling to local metro Detroit Roush buildings. This position will be located in Livonia, MI.
- Foster compliance of staff and on-site customers with Roush company policies and OSHA/MIOSHA regulations across multiple company properties. This may include local travel between sites via personal vehicle.
- Working with the Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to develop/update policies and training program to provide a safe workplace for all employees and ensure compliance.
- Utilize knowledge of OSHA/MIOSHA, EGLE/MDEQ, NFPA, etc. regulations as they apply to Roush.
- Assist with training provision as needed for required training topics, including Powered Industrial Truck, Overhead Crane, Hazardous Communication, PPE, Employee Emergency Action Plans (Evacuation Preparedness), Fire Prevention Plans, Lockout Tagout, and other newly created safety programs. Confidently conduct training for small groups and for larger groups up to 50.
- Perform and document job hazard analyses and make remedial recommendations as necessary.
- Maintenance of safety data sheets (SDS) and recommending the proper PPE.
- Coordinate corporate waste disposal, including refuse, recycling and liquids.
- Provide guidance to the safety committee and building safety representatives for each site.
- Participate in incident investigation as appropriate. Contribute to root-cause analysis and propose opportunities for improvement.
- Regularly report on activities as the Facilities Health & Safety Compliance Coordinator.
- 3+ years of job related experience working directly within the field of EHS, ideally in the manufacturing and/or automotive industry.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple assignments and use discretion to redirect workload based on immediate response issues.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Facilities Health & Safety Compliance Coordinator must have strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Professional communication (written and oral) and appropriate interpersonal skills to work with customers, regulatory inspectors, attorneys, management, and Roush personnel.
- Ability to safely handle and/or work near industrial chemicals such as petroleum products, flammable materials, solvents, and cleaning agents.
- Clean driving record and able to travel between local company sites for facilities review and monitoring.
- Facilities Health & Safety Compliance Coordinator must have proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to regularly sit, walk, crouch, bend, talk, and hear as well as able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Completion of a 2 or 4-year degree program in environmental, health and safety or closely related/equivalent field.
- State of Michigan Storm Water Management Operator.
- Completion of Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other equivalent certification.
- MIOSHA/OSHA training certificates.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft software to create purchase requisitions, enter project activities and process receipt of invoices.
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*MM *JG *KR