Advanced Electrical Mobility Specialist
We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush is seeking an Advanced Electrical Mobility Specialist will provide electric vehicle/mobility equipment, advanced diagnostic, and technology expertise as well as end of line (EOL Autonomous Vehicle equipment commissioning support). This position is located in Allen Park, MI.
As an Advanced Electrical Mobility Specialist, you will:
- Communicate with cross functioning teams on advanced electrical/electronic systems as well as autonomous control systems.
- Follow provided work instructions (Tech papers, Schematics, 2D/3D Prints, Cut sheets, Sample harnesses).
- Assemble, modify, and repair wiring harnesses from schematics, using hand tools and proper assembly / rework techniques.
- Validation of DAT (Driver Assist Technologies), ADAS (Advances Driver Assist Systems), AV (Autonomous Vehicle) and EV (Electric Vehicle) systems functionality.
- Work independently using supplied and created hardware and software combinations to diagnose in depth physical and operational electronic and assembly issues.
- Work in small teams to complete daily engineering requirements.
- Maintain clean and organized workspace.
- Inventory tracking of project parts and supplies.
- Quality validation of wire harness assemblies and system installations.
To be considered for an Advanced Mobility Specialist, you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- To be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance with ability to acquire a U.S. passport along with the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a U.S. government secret clearance.
- 3 years of electrical experience.
- 2 years of electrical/electronic diagnostics to include diagnostic software and test equipment.
- Familiar with flashing/re-flashing of automotive control modules and CAN Bus operation.
- Proficient in creation, modification, and installation of wiring systems and harnesses.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Fluent with use of vehicle diagnostic hardware and software.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Familiarity with vehicle interrogation software and data collection.
- Familiarity with the use of oscilloscope/ picoscope.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or technical school.
- Familiar with the function, installation, repair, and replacement of autonomous vehicle equipment.
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.