Defense Powertrain Systems Manager
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
The Defense Powertrain Systems Manager will oversee propulsion systems engineering for Roush Defense to include oversite and execution of evaluations, modelling, technology assessment of powertrains, hybrid systems, electrification systems and other key technologies effecting mobility in ground combat vehicles. The role works in a team environment on projects for both large and small customers and works to understand each customer’s unique needs and meet timelines and implement decisions for success.
As a Powertrain Systems Manager:
- Lead technology assessment for potential insertion into future military ground combat vehicles.
- Support mobility analysis, system architecture layouts and hardware sizing.
- Translate customer needs into requirements and hardware specifications to feasible design concepts and apply relevant engineering analysis to design components and subsystems.
- Conduct hardware development tasks and testing, while supporting prototype, pre-production, and/or production builds.
- Utilize Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and other resources to analytically validate designs.
- Document and report status internally and externally to customers.
- Manage Computer-Aided Design (CAD) resources to develop 3D models and 2D prints.
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years of hands-on powertrain engineering work experience within the commercial and /or defense markets.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience in powertrain analysis, architecture design and hardware and sizing including one or more of the following: internal combustion engines (ICE), electric motor, high voltage electrical systems (including battery systems), and transmission and hybrid driveline design.
- Experience with drive cycle analysis including vehicle road loads and system losses.
- Advanced knowledge of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) development and maintenance, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) release systems and procedures, vehicle dynamic evaluations, 2D drawing development, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and bolted and welded joint applications.
- Working knowledge of ground vehicle systems such as structures, suspension (wheeled or tracked), lethality, and survivability.
- Working knowledge of production assembly and manufacturing processes, including launch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical data verbally.
- Ability to provide robust solutions to complex problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
A successful candidate may also have:
- Experience with internal combustion engine design including components and systems, powertrain packaging, and thermal systems.
- Experience with GT Suite, MATLAB or other 1-D simulation tools for vehicle, internal combustion engines (ICE), or other complex system analysis and proficient in CAD software.
- Experience developing bids and proposals directly related to powertrain and propulsion systems.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Experience working with the US Department of Defense.
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.