At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Are you a Junior Applications Programmer/Web Developer looking for a dynamic company to join? Due to our steady growth, we have an immediate opening for a Junior Applications Programmer/Web Developer. This position will be responsible for maintaining, designing, and developing computer programs that automate business processes. This position is located at our Farmington, MI facility.
- Consults with clients to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements
- Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications as a Junior Applications Programmer/Web Developer
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and timetables for developing, testing, and installing applications
- Converts designs and specifications into programs as a Junior Applications Programmer/Web Developer
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems
- Creates transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications
- Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Writes and/or reviews technical documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program
- Trains end users and/or technical support staff to use programs
- Other duties as assigned
- .NET, .ASP, Visual Basic, C++, etc.
- Junior Applications Programmer/Web Developer must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of/experience with ERP systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Web development experience (HTML, CSS3, XML, etc.)
- Working with packaged software (PeopleSoft, SAP, Infor, Salesforce, etc.) is a plus
- PeopleSoft experience
- DB2 Database knowledge
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.