Automotive Mechanic / Technician
At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for an Automotive Mechanic / Technician that wants to work with cutting edge technology. ROUSH Prototype does work on experimental vehicle builds built with brand new parts. This position is located in Allen Park, MI.
As an Automotive Mechanic / Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by working off repair orders or leader instructions and conducting inspections
- Repair mechanical and electrical system malfunctions and replace parts and components
- Read, interpret, and follow service procedures
- Maintain vehicle records by entering notes, service, and repair orders
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs
- Participate in daily shop organization and clean-up
To be considered as an Automotive Mechanic / Technician, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience as a Mechanic / Technician
- Experience in a high school auto shop program or be enrolled in a skill training program
- Experience working on vehicles
- Your own tools with rolling toolbox
- Well-rounded mechanical experience
- Good organizational skills and be able to pay close attention to detail
- To possess the skills to read, comprehend, and execute written procedures
- To be a self-starter, self-motivated and willing to learn
- Reliable attendance and be willing to work overtime/weekends
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- State/ASE certifications preferred
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with light body modifications
- Experience with light assembly
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.